Insights from Carmel by Patricia Tresselle, OCDS, has gone to press! The books should be available in the next week or two, just in time for Christmas!
I'm more excited about this book project than any others I have done this year (including my own.) I love Pat's book. She provides an in-depth study of the writings of Carmelite saints, Carmelite prayer types and methods, and meditations through the liturgical year.
The book is intended to be used at the discretion of formation directors in the various communities but it is also a great introduction for anyone who wants to learn more about Carmelite spirituality and the Carmelite way of life.
The goal of Carmelite spirituality is to live in union with God. Pat Tresselle shares some powerful insights and tools to grow as close as possible in relationship to Christ our Lord.
Here's what's in the book (from the table of contents):
- The Process of Formation
- The Development and Necessity of Prayer
- Basic Types of Prayer
- Stages of Prayer: Following St. Teresa
- Prayer and St. John of the Cross
- St. Therese and the “Little Way of Prayer”
- Prayer and Christian Meditation
- Lent, Penance and Prayer
- A Journey Through The Interior Castle
- May- The Month of Mary
- Prayer and Action In a Carmelite Life
- St. John of The Cross, Teacher and Guide
- Meditation On The Magnificat
- The Beatitudes and Carmelite Spirituality
- The Way of the Cross and The Way of Nada
- Meditation on Gethsemane
- Meditation of Jesus’ Last Words on the Cross